Student Support Services
Culver Elementary School
Mrs. Hume, School Counselor
2009-2010 School Year .5 Time Position
Tuesdays, Wednesday afternoons, and Thursdays
The mission of Student Support Services is to support each and every student by providing developmentally appropriate personal, career, and academic services for success in elementary school and beyond.
Student Support Services is in place to help students, parents, and teachers develop positive learning experiences. The program consists of a variety of services and activities, including individual and group sessions, classroom guidance lessons, parent and teacher consultation, and referral assistance to other programs and services in the community. Learn more about the National Model of School Counseling according to the American School Counseling Association here.
Here are some ways I serve students and families:
• Help kids with issues like problem solving, understanding feelings, and making friends
• Help identify needs of students
• Promote positive attitudes and choices
• Aid teachers and parents in helping students
• Assist families in using community resources
• Assist students with the process of growing up
• Provide preventative services
• Maintain professional standards of confidentiality